Friday, January 23, 2009

Name That Arizona Cardinal!

Yes, it's that time again -- for all the fair-weather fans in Phoenix to Ti-Vo their beloved "Law & Order" and tune in to cheer on our (unusually) winning home team!

Now that the Cardinals are on their way to the SuperBowl, our trip to this year's Training Camp actually means something!

J works for University of Phoenix. U of P has naming rights to the Cardinals' stadium. Ergo, J entered a drawing to win VIP passes to the opening day of training camp in Flagstaff -- and he won!! (Good thing my tragically bad luck left him unscathed.)

Buffet spread like you've never seen, front-row seats, snapping pics of pro football players practicing 10' away, and a meet-and-greet session with a bunch of the players and coaches! As a native, it ROCKED!!!
The only problem is that their signatures left something to be desired...so I have no clue who some of these guys are! So if you've got a clue, may I borrow it?
(Allison Hackney, your time to shine, babe! :0)

Neil Rackers.
Slash HOTTIE! Hello! #1 on his jersey and, coincidentally, in my heart. So sweet! Hung out with us for about 15 minutes, walked out with us, warmed up my Sharpie on his skivvies...hmmmm...good times. (Insert witty remark about getting into a pro football player's pants...)

Matt Leinart.
Judging from his elation, think he had a premonition how this season was gonna go for him??? Srsly. Curb the 'tude, bro. Nobody liked you from the start.


Steven Spach.
Injured in body but not in teddy-bear cuddliness.


Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
You know, I overheard Whisenhunt mention (after sizing me up against D) that they might want to sign me next year instead. Something about my superior linebacker arms.
Ken Whisenhunt, head coach.
Probably feeling bad about the whole "linebacker arms" thing. (Pity photo? Eh, I'll take it.)

Mystery Player #1


Mystery Player #2
(I'm not 100% convinced he's not, in fact, my Uncle Al...eerily familiar fu-man-chu...)


Mystery Player #3
(Hot dang, it's good to feel petite.)

Mystery Player #4.
And come to think of it, I'm not even sure this guy was a player. Judging from the smug grin, he may have come in off the street to have his picture taken with the tall, linebacker-armed broad who surely must have escaped from the circus.


On your mark. Get set. NAME!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you look short! If I were standing there, someone would have to use the panoramic option on the camera to pan down like 4 feet. EASY Neil...she's TAKEN!!!

    As for fu-man-chu...are you sure he's a player?? You know, some men walk around in tights just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is fun stuff...looks like your cruise was a blast...and as for the players, I have no idea! Sorry! Anywho...welcome to the bloggy world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOL! That is awesome that you got to meet them. Yeah, what's up with Matt Leinhart? He is just too cool! :) Sad that they lost though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never paid much attention to our good ole' home team but um... you called it! Neil Rackers... hottie. Had no idea. Way to scout em' out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, if the Steelers hadn't gone to the Super Bowl, I would have cheered for the Cardinals...but I had to cheer on my brother. And they won and I was there!!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete